Senior Brand Manager Verkade
Koninklijke Verkade NV
Koninklijke Verkade N.V. is a subsidiary company of United Biscuits, an international operating food company, focusing on activities such as biscuits and snacks. United Biscuits has a head quarter in the United Kingdom. Well-known brands in the Netherlands are Verkade and Sultana with a great history, enthusiastic consumers and tasteful products. Other International brands are BN, McVities, Go Ahead! and Delacre. In Zaandam some 450 employees are working on traditional, valuable and successful brands, which fit, into current consumer needs and developments. For the Marketing team Sultana/Verkade we are searching for a dedicated Senior Brand Manager.
The Senior Brand Manager Verkade will work in a local environment and will lead the Verkade brand and Verkade marketing team to achieve the marketing, revenue and profit goals set for the brand in the local market. The candidate will report to the Head of Marketing UB Netherlands.
This role offers the opportunity to work on all marketing mix elements – from brand strategy and product development, to communications strategy and brand activation – for a leading A-brand, rewarded with the Brand of the Year Award several years in a row, in a highly competitive and dynamic market. With the commercial offices situated on the Zaandam factory site, the locations for this marketing role allows the Sr. Brand Manager to work in very diverse multidisciplinary teams. A unique challenge for a strong and dedicated marketer, proven successful in driving brand growth.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the brand strategy and brand activation plans for Verkade for the coming years, based on category and customer understanding, consumer and shopper needs and drivers, in order to drive future brand growth;
- To initiate, implement and "take ownership" for projects arising from the brand plans;
- To be actively involved in and to support the product innovation strategy and execution of new product development projects;
- To provide direction and to implement media strategies and ambitious activation plans, incl. development of media campaigns and below the line activations;
- Act as a spider in the web for various disciplines within UB on behalf of the Verkade brand;
- Budget and process management of the projects within the scope of the function;
- KPI’s: Brand revenue and profitability, Market share, Brand awareness, Penetration and Repeat, Pricing, NPD roll-out, Rotation on Shelf, Advertising effectiveness
At least 5–7 years experience in brand management for an A-brand within the FMCG sector is essential.
We are looking for a candidate with 2 years of people management/leadership experience. The Sr. Brand Manager has to have experience in strategic marketing planning, NPD process and marketing communications, including making briefings for agencies (varying from advertising to market research agencies). Experience in Media Planning and Account Management, as well as Trade Marketing is a pre. Qualification at university level is required, combined with a high level of self-support and stress resistance. The ideal candidate has strong analytical-, P&L management-, presentation-, communication- and interpersonal relationship skills at senior level.
To be successful in the role a high energy- and dedication level and a strong can do mentality is required.
Vereist niveau van ervaring
6 tot 10 jaar